Obert Life is Good

After two heart attacks and a ruptured appendix in less than three years, Mary & I have adopted a new philosophy about life, and that Life is Good. We try to take nothing too seriously, and have as much fun as possible. Work will always be there tomorrow. Sorry Liz- Don't hold your breath for your inheritance!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Something Different


Today we decided to head to the closest thing to the Grand Canyon I've seen in Ohio. I know, it is a stretch, but it is also only an hour away.

We drove the Saab up this morning and had a late breakfast at the Clifton Mill, an antiquated grist mill that still operates on the Gorge. They operate a full service restaurant at the mill.





Clifton Gorge is a canyon carved through the limestone near Xenia and Yellow Springs, Ohio. In one place, the pass between the rock faces is only about 10 feet across.








While on the trail we passed this patch of Black-Eyed Susans. There was some Poison Ivy (see the leaves in the upper left of the picture), that I tried to keep out of the picture. Hopefully Marsha does not catch Poison Ivy just based on the picture.





Mary finally wrestled the camera from me and took my picture. We hiked to the bottom of the gorge, which took us about an hour after stopping for pictures and reading all the descriptive plaques. We headed back up the trail since Mary is still nursing her torn tendon and it looks like I may have messed up my knee a little. I'll find out more in about a week. I really don't want anything to mess up the rest of golf season, but if I need to have it fixed I want it done this year since I have all my deductables met.

5 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I love how GREEN everything is. Beautiful pictures.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Even though it gets cold, I think Ohio (and the midwest in general) has some of the beautiful scenery and places to enjoy it.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

It is so pretty, I didn't know there was a place to hike so close.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mike and Annette said...

Great pictures you guys. And what a fun afternoon getaway. I remember the mill and the restuarant. I think you guys took me there on one of my visits to Cincy w/o Mike.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Great exercise!
I love hiking.
It looks like a very nice day.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home