Obert Life is Good

After two heart attacks and a ruptured appendix in less than three years, Mary & I have adopted a new philosophy about life, and that Life is Good. We try to take nothing too seriously, and have as much fun as possible. Work will always be there tomorrow. Sorry Liz- Don't hold your breath for your inheritance!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Next Trip

Well, we've been back from the Carolinas for about a month now and we're ready for vacation. A friend of ours has a house in Cheboygan, MI and has offered to let us use it. We're heading up there in mid July for a short week to play a little golf with another couple. We're looking forward to exploring the golf courses in another part of the US with this trip.

I'm getting to the point where I might want to consider the challange of playing golf in every state. So far, I'm limited to Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Iowa, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Virginia and California. That is only 20% of the states. Hmmmm, this could be fun!

Mary's foot is slowly coming around. She's easing out of the boot and is now having physical therapy to try to loosen it up. It's killing her not being able to walk. We borrowed a friends Airdyne bike, but that doesn't do it for Mary. They said she should wait another 4 weeks or so before she starts resuming her exercise walk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I am glad you had a great time and I am glad that Aunt Mary's foot is healing. I can only imagine what a pain being limited would be.

We have a States map on the back of our RV. I hold always wanted to travel to all 50 and Terry made sure St. Nick bought me the stickers the first year we got it. So far there are only 3 but this summer I get to add 4, I am so excited!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

The Amana Colonies course is rated in the National Top ten and is really near where my wedding is. You should check it out!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

I remember a couple of vacations when we were kids that seemed like Dad wanted to see as many states as possible in the short time we had. I too would like to visit all 50 states (but not to play golf!) Someday!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mike and Annette said...

When we were in our Camping years we did visit every state except for Alaska. Still would like to see that one. We did not camp in every state, some we just drove though. But Mike's goal was not to play golf in every one. It was more like just to 'play' in every state. Hee,hee, hee. Those were the days!! I hope you do get to play golf in every state. That would be something.
Glad to see you back on the blog. I've missed reading about what you are up to.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home