Obert Life is Good

After two heart attacks and a ruptured appendix in less than three years, Mary & I have adopted a new philosophy about life, and that Life is Good. We try to take nothing too seriously, and have as much fun as possible. Work will always be there tomorrow. Sorry Liz- Don't hold your breath for your inheritance!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Getting Ready

As I get older, it becomes unceasingly more difficult to cut things loose before heading out on vacation. Not so many years ago, you simply came home from work one day and got in the car and went. Now, the aggrevation of getting all of the business issues taken care of and people to cover for you while you're away makes it seem that it is not worth the effort of going. My means to combat this is to start my vacation on a Friday so the week of vacation turns into a 10 day vacation. At least this way, by the time you answer and return all the cell phone calls and emails, you still feel like you got the week off! Maybe this is reverse logic, but it works for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Angie still gets mad that I take the laptop to vacations to review mail and email in the a.m. before we get moving. I have to though as I will get 40-50 emails a day. It would take me 3 days of reviewing email when I get back if I don't take a look at it while I am gone.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Okay - how does this fit in with your philosophy to not take life too seriously? I have learned that life really does go on without me and that eventually I will get to everything I need to.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mike and Annette said...

I got news for you. Someone must have been making it possible for you to come home from work on Friday and leave. Ummm, I wonder who? Esp. if you were vacationing with a kid. Been there and done that also. Have a great vacation!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home